Two separate personal injury lawsuits have been filed against Wacker Polysilicon in Charleston, TN after employees claimed the company's negligence resulted in injury when acid was spilled on them in July 2020.
Aaron B. Staley and Moises Sanchez say that on July 24, 2020, they were working as pipefitters for a contractor hired by Wacker. When they returned from a lunch break they were not made aware that someone had filled a pipe they were working on with Silicon Tetrachlorid (STC) an ultra-hazardous chemical that causes severe burns on contact with the skin. The pair, unaware of the danger, disconnected a blind from the pipe and were immediately exposed to a large amount of STC. Staley claims he suffered severe burns all over his body requiring skin grafts and leaving permanent scars. Meanwhile, Sanchez stated that he and 3 others were burned by the liquid and listed severe chemical burns among his injuries.
Read More Here: https://bit.ly/3k516Lh