Knoxville Personal Injury Attorneys
Nearly 40 Years of Quality Legal Representation
The emphasis of the majority of the members of Butler, Vines and Babb, P.L.L.C., has always been on personal injury law.
Members of Butler, Vines and Babb, P.L.L.C., have been called upon by groups, especially bar associations, to give seminars on the subject of the trial of personal injury and medical negligence cases. The firm has also participated in numerous trials involving significant verdicts in the fields of auto accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, medical negligence, toxic torts, product liability and other cases involving personal liability.
The firm also has a growing practice in the area of Liquor Liability Law. A liquor liability case is one where a restaurant or bar sells alcohol to either an obviously intoxicated person or to a person known to the bar to be a minor. Tennessee law refers to these potential cases as ‘dramshop’ cases. The attorneys at Butler, Vines & Babb have successfully prosecuted liquor liability cases against restaurants/bars and are currently engaged in ongoing litigation in federal court with regard to a liquor liability case arising out of Nashville. See our Liquor Liability Law page for more information.
The firm employs full time a Medical Doctor (M.D.) and a Registered Nurse (R.N.) as paralegal assistants. Hundreds of potential cases have been reviewed, generally at the request of other law firms, for the initial evaluation of the merits of the case. The firm also has the ability to locate physicians at medical institutions who are willing to assist with an objective analysis of potential cases.
Please review our results page for an additional listing of results we have obtained for our clients.
Representative Personal Injury Cases
Representative cases where the firm represented the injured party include:
- Shannon Russell v. Dr. James Crutchfield, Campbell County Circuit Court ($1 million jury verdict)
- Chandler v. Gettlefinger Farms, United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee ($1.2 million jury verdict)
- Danker v. Dr. Leonard Brabson, Knox County Circuit Court, Division I ($1.1 million jury verdict)
- Trecia Walters v. Omer Renner, M.D. ($350,000 jury verdict); Jim Mullins v. USA ($385,000 jury verdict)
- Billie Carpenter v. Gutch ($150,000 jury verdict)
- Davidson v. Coleman, Knox County Circuit Court, Division III ($1.5 million judgment)
- M. Boye v. John Moore, Anderson County Circuit Court ($219,000 jury verdict)
- Katherine Brezler v. G.A. Holdings and Western Sizzlin’ ($600,000)
- McGraw v. Whiteco Industries ($191,000 jury verdict)
- Euchee Marina and Campground v. Union Carbide, representing persons who claimed harm by the release of radioactive and toxic materials from the atomic energy plants resulting in a settlement of the cases
Other Personal Injury Settlements Subject to a Confidentiality Agreement Required by Defendants:
- Total disability brain damage following surgery
- Injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (multiple cases)
- Failure to treat impending heart attack (multiple cases)
- Defective heart valve installed in patient
- Train wreck causing death
- Attorney injured in plane crash
- Failure to diagnose internal injuries
Contact Our Tennessee Personal Injury Lawyers
Attorneys with the firm who practice personal injury law for injured parties include:
Click on their name to review their profile and contact information, or contact us for further information. You may also complete our personal injury intake form.