Tennessee Business Lawyers
As a business person, you expect your lawyer to have the experience and knowledge to guide you toward your specific objectives. Since 1973, the Butler, Vines & Babb law firm in Knoxville, Tennessee, has represented businesses of all sizes in a wide range of issues.
Contact us. We respond quickly to every call. 865-622-7720.
At our law firm, every client receives personal attention from our lawyers and every case — from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations — is handled as a big case. You can expect the same level of experience and meticulous preparation on every business law matter you bring to our law firm.
- Civil trial defense : We defend businesses in civil litigation involving any number of issues. As an insurance company, for example, you are prepared to pay out legitimate claims, but there are times when claims are not covered or are simply not legitimate. We represent more than 30 insurance companies.
- Product liability defense : If you are facing civil charges of having manufactured or sold a dangerous product, we can investigate and litigate the case.
- Corporate and banking law : Our attorneys work closely with corporate and banking clients to assure the integrity of all contracts, policies and procedures and other business law needs.
- Environment and toxic tort defense : When businesses are accused of causing pollution, the discussion and litigation can become highly technical — and the consequences can be severe. We have the experience you need on your side.
- Tractor-trailer/auto defense : We emphasize fast and thorough investigation in every accident case. The more you know, the better you can defend your position in motor vehicle accident cases.
- Medical device litigation defense : When a patient does not respond well to treatment, there is often a tendency to blame the medical device. We have a doctor on staff, access to experts and extensive trial experience with complex medical topics.
- Estate planning : You have a busy life, but you need to take time to think about the future — your and your family’s. We can help you develop the right estate plan for your needs.
- Food liability litigation defense : Recent outbreaks associated with tomatoes, green onions and even peanut butter have given rise to increased litigation in the realm of food product claims. We have experience in the law, the economics, and the science of food liability litigation to protect your company and your brand.
- Appellate practice : Our firm has the experience and ability to handle any type of appeal.
- Mediation Services : Butler, Vines and Babb has been a leader in the area of alternative dispute resolution, with three lawyers licensed as Tennessee Rule 31 mediators dedicated to helping bring your case to a successful conclusion.
- Class Action Defense : The attorneys at Butler, Vines and Babb have successfully defended class action and large scale consolidations and are ready to serve you.
- Construction Law : Our law firm represents all parties in both residential and commercial construction matters.
- Workers’ Compensation Defense: Butler, Vines and Babb has practiced in the area of workers’ compensation defense for many years. We stand ready to successfully defend employers in such actions.
- Criminal Defense: At Butler, Vines and Babb, we understand what is at stake. Not only are you facing potential criminal penalties such as fines, probation and jail time but negative implications on your career, reputation and personal relationships. Let our prestigious Tennessee law firm help you get your life back.
- DUI Defense: The impact a DUI charge can have on your life is profound. Not only are you facing criminal penalties such as fines, probation, incarceration and license suspension but the public humiliation of being a DUI offender. There are also potential and serious implications on your career, future and professional life.
- Fraud and Embezzlement: Fraud and embezzlement charges are those involving an individual who has been entrusted with company assets and subsequently accused of fraudulent conversion of those assets. These are company employees or executives with high authority; enough to the point where he or she is entrusted with the handling of assets. If you have been charged with embezzlement or related financial fraud charges in Tennessee, it is critical you seek criminal defense representation immediately.
- Implied Consent: At Butler, Vines and Babb, P.L.L.C., one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys can sit down with you to discuss the facts and circumstances surrounding your DUI arrest. We will make any relevant arguments on your behalf, including whether the arresting officer violated implied consent laws by not informing you of the consequences from a refusal.
- White Collar Crimes: At Butler, Vines and Babb, P.L.L.C., we are well aware that the stakes are high in any white collar crime case.
See our business defense results. Let us know how we can help you and your business.
Our law firm has represented the needs of business clients since our founding in 1973. In addition to a medical doctor on staff, we have two attorneys who are board certified civil trial specialists: William D. Vines, III, and Donna R. Davis.
Contact us for an appointment to discuss your legal concerns.